Friday, April 10, 2009

Online Printing - MPix












Last night I decided to tryout an online printer I've heard good things about. So I went to http://mpix.com/ and created an account. I uploaded three images and made four prints. I printed three different 8x12 images, one being black and white, one being metallic and one normal print. I also took one of the images used in an 8x12 print and had an 18x12 image printed which I added the luster coating to.

The total cost was around $30 with shipping. I am not sure how long it will take to get to me, nor am I sure if the prints will come flat or rolled, but I'll update the blog when I receive the images. I am expecting either late next week or the week after.

I am excited to see the results. I have the ability to print up to 8x10 at home and have ok results, but really nothing I'd like to frame. I don't have my monitors/printer calibrated, but my prints do represent the color and brightness of one of my monitors well, so I am hoping that the prints made by Mpix turn out well.

Above are the three images I printed, with the flower basket the image that was printed large.

No comments:

Post a Comment