Monday, March 23, 2009

Back at work...


Well vacation's over and I am back to work. Lots of things changing here at work with the economy and all.

I was actually able to go out shooting this weekend. Went to a local nature center on Saturday just before dusk and was able to get some interesting photos of some cattails and some bark.

Went out Sunday to the Minnesota Valley Wildlife Refuge in Bloomington just after lunch and spent some time walking along one of the trails, (too much time as my aching feet tell me now!). It was very windy and hazy so it wasn't a good day for landscapes, so I put my 300 f/4 on and went macro hunting. I found some more bark that I liked along with some fungus. Nothing too spectacular, but it was good to just get out again.

In both instances, I used Adobe Lightroom 2.3 to create the web gallery. The Lightroom upload process didn't work, (most likely a problem with my hosting site), but I was able to use the export function from the web gallery option and upload manually. I wish there were more options that the four given as I am not a big fan of using Flash, but it worked for a quick and dirty way to throw some images up on a web site.

Check out the photos at: http://www.caperiver.com/ and follow the links to the photos. Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment